Board Direction for Facility and Resource Planning
We will seek to fund the Facilities Master Plan as follows:
- We will continue making progress on critical health and safety repairs needed at the Rocklin campus, by prioritizing and focusing our existing facilities funding in the operating budget.
- We will aggressively pursue federal funding for a wide variety of projects relating to workforce and economic development, career and technical education, and rebuilding America’s leadership in education for science, math, engineering and technology. Our goal is to attract $30 million in new capital projects funding by the end of the federal government’s fiscal year 2014.
- We will aggressively pursue development of the 72 acres located at Rocklin Road and Sierra College Boulevard, with the goal of generating $2 to $3 million per year in new capital projects funding for the college.
- We will aggressively pursue the building of sufficient infrastructure for the Sierra College Foundation to begin generating $5 to $10 million in annual capital projects funding by the end of the fiscal year 2011-12.
- We will develop all of these new funding sources and leverage them as matching funds to attract state facilities funding. Our overall goal is to generate a total of $60 million plus in new facilities funding.
- We may pursue a bond measure at an appropriate time.