When you search for wireless networks with your device there will be a Sierra network and a Guest network.
1. Click on the “Sierra” network ID as found by your device
2. Carefully enter your mySierra user name and password
3. Click “ACCEPT” when prompted to accept the certificate.
If you experience any issues, contact the Help Desk, ext. 7777.
IIT has upgraded the Sierra College wireless network to support Guest wireless access through a self-service portal. All Sierra College Faculty and Staff can sponsor guest access to the Sierra College wireless network by following the steps below:
As a Guest (using your personal device)
1) Connect to the Guest wireless network.
2) Launch an internet web browser on your mobile device.
3) From the Sierra College Wireless registration page, complete the required form fields, agree to the Terms and Conditions, and click Submit.
4) Keep your browser open. Your sponsor will receive an e-mail which they must approve. Once they have received the system generated e-mail and have approved your access request, the Logon button on your wireless device will become enabled by turning Blue.
5) Click Logon and you should now be able to access the internet as you normally would. (May take a few minutes for sponsor to approve request.)
Sponsor (how to approve a Guest access request)
1) Faculty or Staff receives an Email request from a Guest visitor requesting wireless access
2) Click the link, “click here to confirm the request”
3) Clicking the link will open a web page that will provide Faculty and Staff an opportunity to approve the request.
4) Upon approval of the request, the Guest Logon button is enabled for the Guest visitor and they can click that Logon button to gain access to Sierra College Wireless and the Internet. (May take a few minutes for sponsor to approve request.)
Important: Faculty and Staff should only approve Guest access for activities coordinated by faculty and staff for Sierra College business. Please do NOT sponsor students as they have access to the Sierra wireless network through the Associated Students of Sierra College (ASSC).
Campus wireless service is available to students after they purchase an Associated Students of Sierra College (ASSC) activity sticker ($10 per semester) through Credentials. After purchasing the activity sticker your wireless account should be accessible within 24 hours. Your $10 also provides other benefits.