Establishing an Endowment
You can establish an endowment fund to benefit Sierra College. A minimum of $15,000 is required for endowed funds.
How does an endowment work?
- Funds are treated as principal and are permanently invested.
- Earnings from the investments are distributed each year.
- Endowment provides a solid base for annual funding to support student success, program enhancement and community enrichment.
- All investments are managed professionally in a diversified portfolio.
- The donor may designate the endowment name and its purpose.
- Endowment is an on-going means of support for higher education in Placer and Nevada Counties.
What are the benefits of being an endowment donor?
- Prominent honor for donor and their family, company or organization.
- Community recognition through Sierra College Foundation's Circle of Honor and publications.
- Quality of life contribution to the future of the college and the community.
- Savings in estate, capital gains and income taxes.
- Leadership example for others to follow.
How does an endowment benefit Sierra College and the community?
- Reduces financial barriers to attending college.
- Provides greater opportunities for life and career enhancement.
- Enriches classroom experience.
- Provides high quality instruction to students.
- Allows for state-of-the-art technology and equipment.
- Reflects confidence in the college's mission and role.