The Sierra College Natural History Museum is gearing up for the next Dinosaur Day! This biennial event continually grows in popularity offering the community a day of lively lectures, fun activities and a chance to get an up-close look at the amazing collection of natural history specimens housed in the Museum located on the Rocklin Campus of Sierra College. Included in its collection of fossil dinosaurs are a triceratops skull, a pachycephalosaurus skull, a giant theropod footprint and a full mount cast of a hypsilophodont and much more.
The Dinosaur Day Committee is looking for artwork to be used on the publicity flyer, posters, t-shirts, and other promotional items and we need your help. We are asking community members to please send in your drawings. The artwork contest entry deadline is 5:00pm, November 5, 2012. Late entries will not be considered. One first-place winner will be chosen from the on-time submissions and will receive a $200 prize along with a family 4-pack of tickets to the 2013 Dinosaur Day Science Fest, to be held Sunday, March 10, 2013. Two second-place winners will be chosen from the on-time submissions and will each receive a $100 prize and a family 4-pack of tickets to the Dinosaur Day Science Fest. A special category for children 6 and under will have one winner who will receive a $25 prize and a family 4-pack of tickets to the 2013 Dinosaur Day Science Fest.
Rules and Specifications:
• The contest is open to all individuals, including, but not limited to students, faculty, staff, and community members.
• Artwork must be the original work of the artist. We do not want copies of previously published work or line drawings of previously copyrighted material. Please feel free to sign your work.
• Artwork must be submitted as a black and white line drawing. We may choose to colorize the work for use on various media. No text should be included in the artwork.
• Artwork must be submitted on white 8.5 x 11 to 11 x 17 inch paper or as a high-resolution .jpg, .pdf, or .eps file on CD or flash drive or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include with submission, on a separate sheet of paper, your name, address, phone number, and email address. Winners will be required to submit IRS form W-9 for tax purposes.
• Artist must agree to sign over rights to Sierra College to use the artwork as we desire.
• Artwork submission deadline is 5:00p.m., Monday, November 5, 2012.
• Please send artwork to the Sierra College Natural History Museum on the Rocklin Campus to be received prior to the submission deadline.
• The winning artwork will tastefully convey the theme of this year’s event: Surviving Change.
The theme has multiple meanings, alluding to:
If no suitable entries are received no prizes will be awarded.
For further information contact Kim Stevens, Dinosaur Day Coordinator at: (916) 624-3333 x3909 (voice mail) or x7955 (desk phone).