The Sierra College Natural History Museum will once again present Dinosaur Day Science Fest! This educational event continually grows in popularity, offering the community a day of lively shows, fun activities and a chance to get an up-close look at the amazing collection of natural history specimens housed in the Museum located on the Rocklin Campus of Sierra College. Included in its collection of fossil dinosaurs are a triceratops skull, a pachycephalosaurus skull, a giant theropod footprint, a full mount cast of a hypsilophodont, and much more.
Once again we are looking for community involvement! That means YOU!!! The Dinosaur Day Committee is looking for artwork to be used on the publicity flyer and posters, T-shirts and other promotional items. Winners will be chosen from the on-time submissions. The first place winner will receive a $200 prize and a family 4-pack of tickets to the 2014 Dinosaur Day Science Fest to be held on May 4 2014. Two second place winners will receive a $100 prize and a family 4-pack of tickets to the 2014 Dinosaur Day Science Fest. A special category for children 6 and under will have one winner who will receive a $25 prize and a family 4-pack of tickets to the 2014 Dinosaur Day Science Fest.
Rules and Specifications:
• The contest is open to all individuals, including, but not limited to students, faculty, staff, and community members.
• Artwork must be the original work of the artist. We do not want copies of previously published work or line drawings of previously copyrighted material. Please feel free to sign your work.
• Artwork must be submitted as a black and white line drawing. We may choose to colorize the work for use on various media. Please do not submit a colorized copy. No text should be included in the artwork.
• Artwork must be submitted on white 8.5 x 11 to 11 x 17 inch paper or as a high-resolution .jpg, .pdf, or .eps file on CD or flash drive or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include with submission, on a separate sheet, your name, address, phone number, and email address. Winners will be required to submit IRS form W-9 for tax purposes.
• Artist must agree to sign over rights to Sierra College to use the artwork as we desire.
• Please send artwork to the Sierra College Natural History Museum on the Rocklin Campus to be received prior to the submission deadline.
• Artwork submission deadline is 5:00 p.m., Monday, November 25, 2013. Late submissions will not be considered.
• The winning artwork will tastefully convey the theme of this year’s event: Forces of Nature. The theme has multiple meanings, alluding to:
• If no suitable entries are received no prizes will be awarded.
For further information contact Kim Stevens, Dinosaur Day Coordinator at (916) 624-3333 x3909 (voice mail) or x7955 (desk phone).