1. Meet with a high school counselor:
Your high school counselor must verify the following requirements:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Completion of the tenth grade.
- Be at least 15 years of age.
- Complete an online Application for Admission to Sierra College.
- Indicate on the application that you are a high school student.
- Within four business days of submitting your application for admissions online, you will receive an email from Sierra College containing important information, including your Sierra College ID number, mySierra Login information & your Sierra College email address.
3. Complete the assessment test:
- Students who wish to participate in the Academic Enrichment Program must assess into the appropriate transfer level courses.
- English (English 1A)
- Reading (English 11)
- Mathematics (if required for course placement)
- Students are only allowed to test one time per semester.
4. Provide Documentation to Admission and Records:
Academic Enrichment students must present the following documents in person with photo ID:
- Completed Academic Enrichment Permission Form
- An official high school transcript.
- Documentation of age (if home schooled or age is not reflected on high school transcript)
- Assessment Scores
- Affidavit is required if students are homeschooled or attend a charter school
5. Activate your mySierra account:
After you apply you will receive a confirmation email with your mySierra account activation instructions.
All students must activate their account in order to have access to online orientation, registration, and to view their official Sierra College email – Log on to your mySierra account.
6. Complete online orientation to Sierra College:
Log on to your mySierra account, and click on the 'Online Orientation' link inside the 'Registration and Student Records' channel on the home page.
7. Register online:
Log on to mySierra and click on the ‘Add or Drop Classes’ link inside the ‘Registration and Student Records’ channel on the home page. In preparation we suggest you:
- Ensure that the class is not excluded from the Academic Enrichment Program by viewing the Restricted Course List.
- View our tutorial on how to register.
- Prepare a tentative class schedule with the days and times using the Schedule of Classes.
- Check for course pre-requisites and co-requisites.
A maximum of 7 units each semester or summer is allowed. Registration is available the day after “OPEN” registration begins. You will not be allowed to audit courses.
8. Pay your fees:
All fees are due upon registration.
- View detailed information on how to pay fees.
- There is a 10 day grace period before you are dropped for nonpayment. To learn more, read our Payment/Drop Policy.
- View information on Financial Aid opportunities.
You must reapply and resubmit all documents each semester you attend. If you attend one semester but do not meet the admission requirements for the next, you may file a petition requesting further consideration.