Services for Students and Staff
The Writing Center provides one-to-one instruction on writing skills and assistance with writing assignments in all college subjects on a drop-in basis.
- Clarifying assignments
- Writing process
- Developing and organizing ideas
- Grammar and punctuation questions
- Proofreading and editing skills
- Interpreting literature
- Essay exam strategies
- Research skills, including Internet and databases
- Citing sources in MLA, APA, Chicago, and other formats
- Oral presentations
- Transfer application and scholarship essays
- Resume and business letter writing
- Word processing skills
The Writing Center staff members have experience working with a variety of learning styles and preferences. Let us know how we can help!
- 32 personal computers (PCs)
- Word processing (Microsoft Word 2010)
- Internet and library research databases
The staff makes presentations to classes about Writing Center services and writing issues, such as documenting sources, at the request of instructors.