You will find excellent links below to other websites that can help with your writing.
Online Writing Labs and Writing Guides
These Web sites offer handouts, exercises, and other resources on writing, grammar, and documenting sources.
- MLA Style — The Modern Language Association (MLA) documentation style: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- APA Style — The American Psychological Association (APA) documentation style: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Chicago Style — Chicago-Style Citation Quick Guide
- ASA (Sociology) Style — The Purdue Online Writing Lab's guides to formatting the manuscript, in-text citations, and references page of papers in the American Sociological Association style (Click Next Resource in the lower right corner of each page to access the other pages.)
- Research and Documentation Online — Writing and research manuals for humanities, social sciences, history, and sciences by Diana Hacker
- Citing Your Sources — The University of California Berkeley Library guides to citing your sources in three documentation styles
- Research and Citation Resources — The Purdue Online Writing Lab's guides to formatting papers in MLA, APA, and Chicago styles
- Knight-Cite — Citation service provided by Calvin College. Enter the bibliographic information for your source, and Knight-Cite produces a citation in MLA, APA, or Chicago style.
- Library Catalog — Find books in the Sierra College Library and other libraries.
- Library Research Databases — Find articles from newspapers, magazines, and journals through ProQuest and other online databases provided by the Sierra College Library.
- Internet Search — Search the Internet with Ask.com, Bing, Exalead, Gigablast, Google, Infomine, Intute, ipl2, Scirus, and Yahoo, as well as Art and Architecture on the Internet and Primary Sources on the Internet.
- Modern American Poetry — Read what critics say about over 100 poets' works.
- Merriam-Webster Online — Webster's Collegiate Dictionary and Collegiate Thesaurus
- Dictionary.com — Definitions from The American Heritage Dictionary and Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary
For Learners of English
ESL Writing and Grammar Exercises