Get Basic Health Services On Campus
The centers emphasize health education, prevention and early intervention to maintain a safe and healthy learning environment. Health Services is a student resource, it is not a substitute for your family medical provider nor an alternative to health insurance.
Please schedule an appointment with our office to allow us to schedule enough time for your evaluation and treatment by the nurse practitioners. If you are more than 10 minutes late for your appointment, you will need to reschedule.
Your Student Health Fee
This is a mandatory fee of $19 a semester ($16 per summer session) that provides all students with free or low cost medical services.
Health Center Services
- Athletic Physicals
- Blood Pressure
- Family Planning/Birth Control
- Illness Diagnosis and Treatment
- Injury Evaluation and Treatment
- Laboratory Tests
- Minor Surgical Procedures
- Physicals: DMV, Employment, Fire Tech, Nursing
- Sexually Transmitted Infection Diagnosis and Treatment
- Tuberculosis (TB) Screening
- Vision and Hearing Screening
- Well Woman Exams
Your Rights and Responsibilities as a Patient
Everyone who receives care through Student Health Services has certain rights as a patient that we are responsible for providing:
- To be treated with respect and courtesy
- To have your condition and treatment explained in understandable terms
- To get a second opinion before making a medical decision
- To choose your provider or to request a change, no questions asked
- To privacy and confidentiality
All services rendered through Student Health Services are completely confidential. Your privacy is respected. Medical records are protected by law and cannot be released without your written permission, except under special legal circumstances.
Everyone who receives care through Student Health Services has certain responsibilities as a patient:
- To provide complete and accurate information to the best of your knowledge about your health, medications including over-the-counter products and dietary supplements and any allergies or sensitivities
- To bring identification to verify current enrollment
- To be on time for your appointment (If you are more than ten minutes late, you may be rescheduled)
- To work as a team with our health providers to get well
- To accept personal financial responsibility for charges incurred
- To be respectful to all health care providers and staff, as well as other patients
- To call and cancel or reschedule your appointment if you cannot keep it
Students who are solely dependent upon prayer for healing and do not rely on medical services can apply for a Health Fee Waiver. You must provide an official letter from your church (on letterhead) verifying the information. Stop by the Health Center to pick up the form.
There are no insurance plans associated with Sierra College. There is information available at the clinics about insurance plans available for purchase by students. It is strongly encouraged all students have their own insurance.