Be educationally disadvantaged
as determined by the Program Coordinator (must meet one
or more factors from the following list):
- Does not qualify for the minimum level english or math course required for an associate degree at the college of attendance.
- Does not have a high school diploma, GED certificate or high school equivalency certificate.
- Graduated from high school with less than a 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale. (Transcripts required for documentation)
- Has been previously enrolled in remedial/developmental education, in adult education, high school or any higher education institution.
- OTHER FACTORS: (Upon approval of Program Coordinator)
To Be Eligible for the CARE Program, Students Must:
- Be EOPS eligible;
- Be at least 18 years of age and be single head of household;
- Be a current recipient of AFDC/ TANF/ CalWORKs;
- Have one child under 14 years of age; and
- Be enrolled full-time upon admission to the program.
- CARE verification documents must be submitted on time and current with our office.