Remembering Dinosaur Day
Sierra College Natural History Museum Needs Community Assistance Remembering Dinosaur Day and Science Fest!
Undeterred at the idea of two whole years passing without a Dinosaur Day and Science Fest celebration, the Sierra College Natural Museum Events Committee is issuing a call to our community for personal recollections, remembrances, and special memories of Dino Days past. These sentimental moments will then be compiled into a fun video “super cut” and released during the first weekend in May—traditionally Dinosaur Day weekend!
SCNHM Events Chair, Casey Brown, explains, “This is our chance to reconnect with colleagues and friends in the community—to reforge our commitment to each other and the Museum.”
Museum Director, Rachael Greve adds, “For over twenty years, the Museum has been presenting Dinosaur Day and Science Fest to our friends and families in Northern California; we may not be able to execute the mission of this tradition physically this year due to Covid-19, but together, we can virtually embrace the warm, nostalgic spirit of the festival.”
Brown closes, “This is an opportunity to provide support, reassurance of good things to come, and a burst of much needed FUN during a most difficult time.”
How to Participate
The Museum Events Committee’s guidelines for community contributions to this video project are as follows:
- Digital photos—please submit in highest/clearest resolution possible
- Printed photos—will be scanned and used if resolution allows
- Short video clips of festival footage—mp4 or wave files appreciated. (1-2 minutes maximum, please.)
- Interviews—short (1-2 minute) videos of unique individual or family stories featuring notable exhibitors, favorite programs, or vendors. Lead off with your name/family name and, “My/our favorite Dinosaur Day memory is….”
- Physical keepsakes or souvenirs—old tickets/programs/t-shirts can be digitized and creatively translated to short-film format
Please email digital files and signed media releases for videos or photos of minors to email@example.com. Remit physical submissions with signed media release to:
Sierra College Natural History Museum
5100 Sierra College Blvd.
Rocklin, CA 95614
DEADLINE: Friday, April 15, 2021