Student Equity and Completion Plan
Through Sierra College’s Guided Pathways and Equity efforts a significant amount of work has been happening in recent years. To better align our efforts the college completed a strategic planning process in 2019-2020, which included:
- Established goals and related metrics for Sierra College, which were aligned with the California Community College Board of Governors Vision for Success Goals
- Goal 1: Student Success
- Goal 2: Elimination of Equity Gaps
- Collected logic models from groups and pulled from existing plans such as Equity Plan, Guided Pathways Scale of Adoption, etc.
- Examined activities submitted by the various groups and combined them into 82 district activities around 7 broad themes (i.e. career, instruction, support, etc.)
- Beginning in fall 2020, the Equity and Student Completion Guided Pathways Steering Committee began meeting to implement the Strategic Plan
California Guided Pathways Project
In fall 2020, Sierra was selected to participate in the second cohort of the California Guided Pathways project. Involvement with this project will help Sierra advance the work of further implementing an integrated, institution-wide approach to student success by creating structured educational experiences that support each student from point of entry to attainment of high-quality postsecondary credentials and careers.