Support Sierra College Patrons of the Arts
Help Promote Arts and Cultural Enrichment
The Sierra College Patrons, a branch of the Sierra College Foundation, are dedicated to promoting the Arts and Humanities and to providing cultural enrichment to the community. Proceeds from Patron-sponsored events, in the form of grants and scholarships, are awarded to Sierra College Students in support of Arts and Humanities programs.
How to Become a Sierra College Patron
Membership dues are $40 per year. Members joining after January 1 pay a prorated amount. Fill out and submit our membership application.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ridley Gallery: Serve as a weekly host
- Graduation: Serve as a host and distribute programs
- Theatre and music productions: Serve as ushers
- Food Pantry: contribute food and other items
Meetings and Events
Patrons meet the first Monday each month (except July and August) at 12:30pm in the Fireside Room on the Sierra College Rocklin Campus. Meetings typically include lunch, a business meeting, and a short program.
To RSVP, please contact Joan Edwards at (916) 663-3408 by the Thursday prior to the meeting.
- Bake sale on the Rocklin Campus quad (Fall and Spring semesters)
- Annual Vintage Marketplace on the Rocklin Campus quad
- Old Fashioned Bar-B-Cue (formerly an Annual Crab and Shrimp Feed)
Visit Sierra College Foundation Events for more information.
Awards and Scholarships
- Patrons provide more than $5,000 in grants to the Arts and Humanities Departments each year, emphasizing grants that directly affect students. Grant applications are due September 30 and February 28.
- Patrons award two annual $5,000 scholarships to students in Arts (music, art, theatre, etc.).
- Patrons award $1,000 to students competing in the annual student art show.
- Patrons provide gift cards to be distributed to deserving students through the Guardian Scholar Program.
- Patrons provide support to the Sierra College Veterans Program.
What We’ve Accomplished
Since Patrons was established in 1984, more than $350,000 has been donated to Sierra College. Notable contributions include:
- $31,400 for Dietrich Theatre improvements
- $20,200 for art works displayed on campus
- $18,000 to the Ridley Gallery
- $10,000 in scholarships to local students to attend Donner Mine Music Camp
- $10,000 to support technology upgrades in many instructional areas.
- $8,000 for carillon bells
- $55,240 has been donated to the Aquatics Department through joint participation in the annual Crab and Shrimp Feed.