Develop Foundational Academic and Job Skills without Fees or Grades
Noncredit education offers tuition-free classes and certificates that help you develop foundational skills and provide a smooth transition to credit programs and employment. Noncredit courses can be repeated to allow time for students to build skills without the pressure of receiving grades or paying tuition and fees.
The following areas offer noncredit courses and/or certificates:
Benefits of Noncredit Courses
- No prerequisite requirements on most noncredit courses
- Repeatable even if you receive passing grade
- Time to develop the skills and knowledge needed at your own pace
- Serves as a gateway into credit certificate and degree programs
- Gain skills and knowledge for a current or new job
- Improve math, English and literacy skills
Difference Between Noncredit and Credit Course
|Noncredit Course||Credit Course|
|Do not earn college credit||Earn college credit toward a degree and certificate|
|Receive a pass or no pass grade||Receive a letter grade (A, B, C, D, F)|
|No tuition or fees required to take course||Tuition and fees required to enroll in course|
|Can repeat as many times as desired||Can only complete course once with passing grade|
Non-Credit Frequently Asked Questions
Steps to Register for Noncredit Courses
- Apply to Sierra College.
- Complete the remaining steps to register for classes.
- View Class Schedule.
- Register for the noncredit course(s) in mySierra.