To Become a Student, First Submit an Application, Then Follow the Steps to Register for Classes
Sierra's application and registration process is designed to help you get the most out of college. If you need personal help any step along the way, just contact The Hub: Student Help Center, staff are trained and ready to help.
Wondering how much money you'll need for college? View our costs. We recommend that you apply for financial aid as soon as you can. There are a wide range of options that can help you pay for college and chances are you will qualify.
How to Apply to Sierra College
Looking for Non-Credit Classes for Enrichment, Personal or Professional Growth?
We have Community Education available, and we have Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at Sierra College (OLLI) classes that are specially designed classes for adults age 50 and older.
What Type of Student are You?
You never attended college or have less than 12 units at another college.
You attended Sierra before (within the last 3 years).
You attended college before but are new to Sierra.
You live outside of the U.S.
You are in high school and want to take classes for college credit.
You attended Sierra last semester.
- Transcripts Evaluation
- Submit your transcripts from other schools.
- Tuition, enrollment fees, and exemptions based on residency.
- Academic Enrichment
- For students who want to take college classes during high school.
- Student Rights and Responsibilities
- A handbook on our policies, procedures, and student rights.
- Priority Registration
- Qualifying students receive earlier registration times.
- Registration Waitlist
- When a class is full, join the waitlist in case spots open up.
- Add a Course After it has Begun
- To register for a course after the class has started, you must get a unique Add Code from your instructor.
- Drop/Withdraw From Classes
- If you do not plan to attend a class, it is your responsibility to drop or withdraw.
- Academic Standing
- Determines eligibility for readmission, registration, graduation and financial aid.
- Course Families
- Course groupings that are limited to four enrollments.
- Order Transcripts
- Send your official transcripts to other schools.
- Enrollment Verification
- Send verification of student enrollment at Sierra College.
- Admissions Forms
- A list of forms you may need. Everything from changing your major, the General Student Petition, and more.
- Change of Information Request
- Use this form to file changes to your name, Social Security Number, date of birth, or gender change.