Student Parking Permit Information
Parking Permit Updates
A student parking permit is required for Fall 2023.
Discounted Parking: Students who have been awarded a California Community Promise Grant (CCPG, formerly BOG) through their financial aid application (FAFSA or CADAA) will receive a discounted cost for a parking permit. The Sierra College Financial Aid system will automatically know if a student has received a CCPG.
Parking garage on Rocklin Campus: Sierra College students and employees may park on floors 1 – 5 with a valid permit. There are EV charging stations on floors 1 and 2.
Campus Safety Tips
- Remember to arrive early the first few weeks of the semester as traffic volumes can be high
- Park between lines (not on them)
- If an accident occurs, do not leave the scene without exchanging information or leaving a note with your contact information
How to Buy a Parking Permit
- Log in to mySierra
- Click on “Parking, Printing, ID Card and ASSC Sticker”
- Click on “Parking Permit”
- Sign in to “iparq: Intelligent Parking” to order your permit, which will be sent to your mailing address
- Follow the steps to pay for your parking permit (only Visa and Mastercards accepted)
- Check your student email account for your parking permit receipt and to print your Temporary Parking Permit (valid for the first two weeks of the semester) Note: Free printing is available in Student Tech Support.
For help, contact Department of Community Safety.
Permit Options, Fees and Refunds
All our campuses, except the Roseville Center, require parking permits or daily passes during the week.
Vehicles parking at Rocklin Campus, Nevada County Campus or Tahoe-Truckee must display a valid permit. At Roseville Center, there are two public garages with entrances on both Oak Street and Vernon Street, which do not require parking permits.
The penalty for parking without a permit or daily pass is $35. Your vehicle may be towed away if you are illegally parked. Illegal parking includes blocking a roadway, fire access or another vehicle. Receive five or more unpaid parking citations and your vehicle may be impounded or immobilized until you pay all penalties and fees. For more details, view Sierra College Vehicle Code and AP 6750. Vehicle Code section 9.9 lists penalties and fees for a variety of parking and registration violations.
Refunds are available if you present parking decal to Department of Community Safety by the add/drop/refund deadline of the corresponding semester.
Parking Permits and Fees
|Permit Type||Permit Cost|
|Auto – Rocklin and NCC, Spring/Fall Semesters||$70|
|Auto – Tahoe-Truckee, Spring/Fall Semesters||$50|
|Auto – California College Promise Grant (CCPG, formerly BOG)||$30|
|Auto – Summer Session||$34|
|Carpool – Spring/Fall Semesters||$35|
|Carpool – Summer||$15|
|Motorcycle – Spring/Fall Semesters||$25|
|Motorcycle – Summer Session||$15|
|Daily – Per day from dispensers [Requires your license plate number; Payment: $1 bills, Visa or Mastercard]||$3|
|Disabled Placard/License Plate* – No fees for DMV disabled placard/plate||$0|