Emergency and Law Enforcement Response
Emergency and Non-Emergency Incidents
- Emergency (all campuses): For immediate emergency and law enforcement response, contact the Department of Community Safety for all campuses at Extension 1111 on campus phones or call 9-1-1.
- Emergency phones are located on the Rocklin Campus and Nevada County Campus. The phones connect directly to the Department of Community Safety.
- Non-Emergency (all campuses): For non-emergencies, contact the Department of Community Safety for all campuses at (916) 660-7120 (extension 7120 on campus).
Our officers are responsible for:
Did you know you can request a safety escort?
Call (916) 660-7120 to request a safety escort to and from class on our Rocklin and Nevada County Campuses.
Promoting a Safe Campus: How You Can Help
Sierra College is committed to maintaining safe campuses.
Our comprehensive district-wide safety program includes a Safety Committee comprised of faculty, staff and students. The sole purpose of the committee is to identify and report safety concerns, train personnel and sponsor funding for initiatives to maintain a safe, healthy work and learning environment. The Committee also provides planning related to safety enhancements, emergency contingencies and disaster preparedness.
But we can’t do it alone.
The Committee encourages the participation of everyone – faculty, students and staff – to initiate, maintain and improve safe practices and conditions at our four locations.
Email your campus safety concerns to the Safety and Emergency Preparedness Coordinator: Zach Stanfield Jones (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Sierra College Emergency Procedures
The Sierra Joint Community College District is committed to a safe educational and work environment for all students, faculty, staff and community members. Emergencies can occur at any time and it is the District’s policy to provide timely notifications of risks and dangers to the campus community.
- 2022 Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act Report
- Daily Incident Report. See crimes or incidents reported to Department of Community Safety. Enter zip code “95677” and “CA-Sierra College” for agency. On map page, click on Details button at top left to find individual events.